16 May 2006

'I'm with Stupid' Pet Shop Boys, 'Fundamental/Fundamentalism' Pet Shop Boys


'I'm with Stupid'

1. I'm With Stupid
2. Resurrectionist (Goetz B. Extended Mix)
3. Girls Don't Cry



The new Pet Shop Boys single 'I'm with Stupid', heralding the release of the new album 'Fundamental', is out in the UK! Woo. The three track single is an Australian pressing and is available from Amazon. The normal single is two-track. From what I have heard from the talk on the internet, this is a return to form. A return to high-NRG disco/synthpop, hopefully, there will be no more of those Beatle-esque rubbish found in the last album.

The limited edition album 'Fundamental/Fundamentalism' will have a lot more additional tracks.


'Fundamental/Fundamentalism'

Disc 1
1. Psychological
2. Sodom & Gomorrah Show
3. I Made My Excuses & Left
4. Minimal
5. Numb
6. God Willing
7. Luna Park
8. I'm With Stupid
9. Casanova In Hell
10. Twentieth Century
11. Indefinite Leave To Remain
12. Integral

Disc 2
13. Fugitive (Richard X Extended Mix)
14. Sodom (Trentmoller Mix)
15. Psychological (Alter Ego Remix)
16. Flamboyant (Michael Mayer Kompakt Mix)
17. I'm With Stupid (Melnyk Heavy Petting Mix)
18. In Private (Stuart Crichton Club Mix)
19. Minimal (Lobe Mix)
20. Gomorrah (Dettinger Remix)

The single and album were leaked and have been around on the internet for months. I haven't heard them though. I will eventually. The reviews have been great.

Addendum

The second single in 'Fundamental' will be 'Minimal'.

And of course if you are into anti-Bush anthems, 'I'm with Stupid' provides the perfect pop accompaniement. A quote from the Times:

"Fundamental’s political content is coming under scrutiny. Their current single, I’m with Stupid, addresses the relationship between Bush and Blair, and the track Indefinite Leave to Remain uses a phrase from current political terminology and fashions from it a song that is about ID cards and asylum-seekers, and is also a love story. Very PSB, again. But they’re wary of being labelled too narrowly."

I finally heard 'I'm with Stupid' on the Pet Shop Boys website. It's a pop gem! A fantastic 4-minutes of pop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love petshop boys.
look forward to hearing the new stuff.
Chris Pope

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

They are always deliberately ironic. And they are also literate!

V said...

You are right about "Release" I did'nt like the direction that was going. But they proved themselves again with "Disco 3" I can't wait to hear this one.