25 May 2007

I guess part of the key to knowing and understanding me are my priorities. For instance, I don't care for birthdays. I don't celebrate my own in that sense that there is nothing really prepared. There is a family dinner. At most, I would be more introspective that day.

What I would rank more important, I guess, would be, for instance, a LAN gaming session with my friends. The completion of a new piece of artwork. The understanding of a new concept, say in science. Reading and knowing a bit of history or architecture.

None of those materialist and consumerist concerns. No dinners or wining and dining. Those are a world away for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it your birthday, you smelly old goat? - Silverune

If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Not yet, dude, but soon. I'm old...

V said...

Heh - I may be older.

I think at the least, being acknowledged is great. I think it's sort of important. I understand about all the gift giving and all that. That part is not important. It's having people around you that care about the day you were born. But then birthdays are different to everyone. Some are simply bored by all the attention.

When it comes, I hope have a great day!!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Well, V, you are right. The acknowledgement there.

Still, like you have said, it is different for everyone.

I'm just not much a person for festivities.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thanks V.