13 May 2007

Exhaustion


We skirted the swamp for long periods of time, searching for a suitable area to cross. Finally, we spotted one and we crossed it. And that involved another half an hour of hard walking before we spotted hostile swampland. Eventually, we saw familiar slopes across a stream. I could see a clearing above.

As the others searched for a way up, I scrambled up the slope and saw, to my disbelieving eyes, Petaling Hut!


I gave a shout 'Petaling Hut!' and everyone was heartened. Before we knew it, we were all spilled on the concrete ground of the hut.


We re-hydrated ourselves with great gulps of water. I changed to a fresh new pair of socks. The soles of my feet were covered in sweat that it had left footprints when I walked barefooted on the concrete floor of the hut. It was that hot!

Everyone was exhausted. We had spent two and a half hours heading from the ruins to this point.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: