18 May 2007

Wars and Warriors: Joan of Arc


Trevor Chan, the celebrated designer of strategy games, Capitalism II and Seven Kingdoms, came up with 'Wars and Warriors: Joan of Arc' in 2004. This game marked a departure for him in that it incorporated action of a sort more akin to those in console games. Combo strikes, food (health) pickups were the order of the day!

I got it for $9.95 at Popular Bookstore at Junction 8 two days ago. I was glad that I had waited as I had not wanted to pay the full retail of $59.95 when it was first released two years ago.

First impressions? Well, I rushed through the first mission. Then, I played the extended large second mission which was not simple due to certain 'puzzle-solving' elements. One had to do certain things which were not very clear but they could be solved by trial and error. I had enjoyed myself quite a bit but I could see how difficult and probably frustrating the game could get later on.

No comments: