22 February 2007

Embittered People

In my dealings it would appear that many people I have met in this society are neurotic and monomaniac. That has detered me from engaging in many local online forums at length or having deeper discourses with individuals on instant messenging services. It ends in grief when these repressed, touchy individuals loses control and responds emotionally, they cannot handle bluntless. Online conversations here can be unpleasant whereas in my many exchanges with people from other societies, I would form firm friendships, exchange notes, review novelettes, view game designs, banter, joke, discuss things at length and more. What is it about this society where people are repressive and embittered? Why are they unable to think and not rely on emotion? Why this unthinking response? The unfocused anger of these people?

I read some of the things on the local blogosphere and I can't say that I am tempted to participate. There was some inspirational guru or self-help type that once mentioned something about avoiding negative people and I didn't subscribe to that view. I generally don't avoid negative people because I have often lent an sympathetic ear, they are people too. Recently, something tells me that I am wasting my time. A lot of these repressed, angry people are searching for an avenue to vent and lash out. It doesn't matter who.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I one of them? AK Silver

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

You're not repressed or embittered! You're just a LOSER! In caps! Bwahahahahah!