05 March 2007

Noam Chomsky 'Year 501: The Conquest Continues'


I have read that Noam Chomsky claimed that the mainstream establishment would deny him the opportunity to put forth his publications and have them widely available. I suspect it is pretty much hyperbole. I have looked through the shelves of various bookstores over the years. Not only are his books easily available at most established bookstores, one of them even carry his radical pamphlets. GASP! These things are even available in South-East Asia! Could it be that Chomsky believes in conspiracy theories? Surely, that can't be true! It's Chomsky you know! Secret bookstore chains are denying him! Oh dear!

I bought 'Year 501: The Conquest continues' at Borders quite a long time back and his other volumes are still available. I have seen numerous volumes of Chomsky at Kinokuniya and Page One (where you can find his pamphlets and more). I think Page One at Vivocity has one of the bigger Chomsky collection I have yet seen.

Well, if you want radical politics on a Monday morning, Chomsky is the way to go! Woo! It may even bring a smile to your face!

Go Fisk! Go Said! Go Chomsky!

No comments: