03 September 2005

Books Hunt

I spotted Spinrad's 'Bug Jack Barron' and 'The Druid King' at Borders last night. I also saw Sawyer's 'Mindscan' in hardcover there. Sterling's latest is nowhere in sight.

All four books were not available at Sunny bookstore. Over the years, I seem to have the impression that Sunny bookstore is simply carrying less and less new SF titles in favour of true and tried bestsellers. I have bought a lot less books from Sunny bookstore these few years.

I may visit the Kinokuniya bookstore at Ngee Ann City sometime today.

The new 2005 reprint of 'Bug Jack Barron' is much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the older black one which I have got. Yes, I know, the new has that usual defocused photograpy but the colours are consistent within a limited palatte. The old cover is just a bunch of gaudy red words within a black cover. Horrid!

I bought the 'The Armies of the Caliphs: Military and Society in the Early Islamic State' and 'Historiography : Ancient, Medieval, and Modern' from Borders last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Bakunin and resonance? Could you be any more cryptic?!

:)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Incoherence is the order of the day! Anarchy for the masses! Would you like a Cup of Confusion? Disorder for everyone! Celebrate!