18 September 2005

Fantastic!

I was in town on Friday night and bought a volume of artwork titled 'Imagine: The Art of Imaginery Friends Studios'. This volume has the best artwork I have ever seen from Singaporeans (and it includes some other regional and American artists). A lot of the work is stunning and can easily rank with the best manga/anime artists out there. I called Kelvin and told him what I had seen and he told me that he knew of one of the artists in the book who had an oil-painted realistic style. Fantastic work.

I am very impressed.

On a related note, I was messing around with electronic oils on Painter 8.0. I have a lot to learn. On pen and paper, I can manage nice textures but on the electronic medium, I clearly have a long way. The potential is there. The tools are there.

As I tried oils, I was listening to an old Collide album 'Beneath the Skin'. Collide is a female-fronted goth band. Meanwhile, I finally heard the album from Poe titled 'Haunted'. I am not impressed.

No comments: