01 September 2005

The Tower

This was done at the same time as the previous work. For this piece, I was inspired by the great in-game graphics found in Guild Wars. One of the villages in that game had a hint of an Italian or Spanish village during summer. Hence, I tried a stark image of stone buildings in the sun. This is a very small pen sketch measuring 10cm by 8cm at most. Most of my sketches today are small quick affairs.

"A tacit contract! That is to say, a wordless, and consequently a thoughtless and will-less contract: a revolting nonsense!"
Mikhail Bakunin on the Social Contract

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this! Do you think I could get a copy of this for my room?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Sure Willie. Thanks, I am flattered. However, you do realise that the image is really very small? I will send you a high resolution scan. It can be expanded should you want to do so.