22 September 2005

The Lone Tree

I used to wander the Yorkshire Dales quite a bit ten years back, armed with a map and sketchbook. It was, however, too cold to sketch.

This was an imaginery piece inspired by the wide open spaces.

Lone trees of that pictured here is actually a rarity.



"Your optimistic eyes
Seem like paradise
To someone like
Me"
'Black Celebration' Depeche Mode





"Dry your eyes and quietly bear this pain with pride
For heaven shall remember the silent and the brave
And promise me, they will never see, the fear within our eyes
We will give strength to those who still remain"
'Winterborn' The Cruxshadows

2 comments:

AG said...

very nice! i like the details on the road!

The tree looks really lonely though.

i'd like to see a coloured version of this XD

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thanks AG. As for the colours, I have a colour mismatch between my monitor and my Wacom display. The colours are radically different. Thus, it may be somewhat difficult to do a piece as the colour control would go awry. Let me see if a colour piece can be effected..