16 September 2005

Byzantine in Full Armour

I am planning to draw a fifteenth century Byzantine foot soldier in full armour. This will be a slightly larger piece than my usual 10 cm by 10 cm sketches. This will measure about 20 cm by 10 cm, thus allowing for more detail in the armour.

The reference will be a line drawing from Ian Heath's 'Armies of the Middle Ages, Volume 2'. The line drawing is based on a construction.

This should be interesting. Not particularly ambitious. I have not done something ambitious since 1995 or 1996.

At the same time, since it is Friday, I may sketch a section of Orchard Road tonight. I will need to find a good vantage point. Lighting will, of course, be a challenge. It will really depend how I want to plan this. Hmmm...

Maybe not, I will just stick to sketching the usual imaginery landscapes. Heheh. And that will probably only happen after I comb for books at Borders as usual.

No comments: