27 September 2005


EBM, Industrial and Futurepop

My favourite EBM* CDs:

Orange Sector - Masquerade
Orange Sector - Love it!
Covenant - Sequencer
Covenant - Europa
Lost Signal - Catharsis
Flesh Field - Belief Control
The Azoic - Forward
VNV Nation - Praise the Fallen
VNV Nation - Burning Empires
[Active] Media Disease - Organic
X Marks the Pedwalk - Drawback
Front Line Assembly - Civilisation
Front Line Assembly - Epitaph
Front Line Assembly - Tactical Neural Implant
Snog - Buy me... I'll change your life
Snog - Remote Control
In Strict Confidence - Holy
In Strict Confidence - Mistrust the Angels
Imperative Reaction - Redemption
Imperative Reaction - Ruined
Seabound - Beyond Flatline

There is, of course, the standard bearer, Front 242. While, I find Front 242's singles brilliant, their albums can be inconsistent. Thus, I am unable to really list any Front 242 albums.

My tastes in industrial runs towards EBM or electro-industrial. Sampled sounds with processed and distorted vocals! Synthetic pounding!

I don't particular like metal industrial though I do have CDs from Nine Inch Nails and Rammstein. I listen to a lot more like Apoptygma Berzerk, The Young Gods, Lights of Euphoria, Syntec, Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, Haujobb, Cleen, Novakill, Cleaner, Newt, Neuroticfish, Neotek, Neuroactive (early albums), Cesium 137, Icon of Coil, Funker Vogt, etc, but these are my favourites here.

*For the uninitiated, EBM stands for Electronic Body Music or otherwise known as electronic industrial.

"Through waves
They shift
Below they hide
Corporate killers
Side by side"
'Circuitry' Front Line Assembly

No comments: