08 December 2005

Celebrations - Manchester United is out!

YESYESYES! Manchester United lost and has dropped out of the Champions League. Hahahah! The purchase of expensive strikers like Louis Saha, Alan Smith and Wayne Rooney over the past two years was to no avail! They tried to purchase their way to victory! This calls for a celebration! WOO!

WELL-DESERVED!

"I had a nightmare only yesterday
You played a skeleton
You took my love then died that day
I played an American"
'Tora! Tora! Tora!' Depeche Mode

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a joyous day to see Ferguson eat the humble pie.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

AGREED! It is great to see arrogant managers and teams eat it eventually.

It's about time.

And of course, their arrogant fans too.

The world does not revolve around Manchester United.

Vince Wai said...

Haven't watch soccer for a l-o-n-g time, I guess also 15 years, so don't know much about who's who is playing for Man United now. But it's sad to know George Best passed away several days ago. He's my "hero" in my childhood and still remember the scene he scored 6 goal in his famous match with Northhamton (?)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

15 years? Were you originally from Hong Kong?

Northampton? I don't recall a period when Northampton was in the First Division (formerly the premier league). Best was at his best during the early 70s. That would have been a long time ago.

I don't watch it much these days. I just follow and read the results. I guess I watch about one or two matches a year on the television. And that is probably how much TV I watch in a year.