15 December 2005


Drama

As a reviewer proclaimed, 'The Queens of Hedonism are back', Bananarama is indeed back with a fresh vengeance, an album of exciting new material after a long hiatus. The album includes the fabulous pop gems 'Move in my Direction' and 'Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)'.

The album also includes a splendid not to be missed remix of 'Venus' by none other than the incomparable Marc Almond. There is also a good mix of 'Really saying something'.


1. Move In My Direction
2. Look On The Floor (Hypnotic Tango)
3. Waterfall
4. Frequency
5. Feel For You
6. Don’t Step On My Groove
7. Middle Of Nowhere
8. I Love The Way
9. Lovebite10. Rules Of Attraction
11. Your Love Is Like A Drug
12. Venus (Marc Almonds Hi NRG Showgirls Mix)
13. Really Saying Something (Solasso Mix)
14. Move in my Direction (Bobby Blanco & Miki Moto Vocal Mix)
15. Move in my Direction (Angel City Club Remix)



Forget that recent piece of crap dropped on the unsuspecting public by Madonna. Too bad that the reality is that extensive promotion will ensure that Madonna will outsell Bananarama by a 100 to 1. There is simply no justice.

8 comments:

Bob said...

No Siobahn mate?

BlackRX said...

shyuech, mind if I ask you to list who the producers and writers for the key tracks are?

Will said...

I am embaressed to say that I actually liked them when they 1st came out... I wonder how old are they now...?

steve said...

I always thought Madonna was overrayed and a trend hopper (not setter like so many proclaim her to be). Anyhow, these girls must've had facelifts or something!They look better (and younger) than they did twenty years ago. I think I have the hots for them now. Interresting.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Willie, you shouldn't be embarassed. Be yourself man! They are pop songs. The songs are just what they are. Pop songs. Nothing more, nothing less man! Who cares what the critics say, right? I think they are terrific.

I should think that they are in their early 40s.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Bob, I think after she left for Shakespear's Sister and got married to Dave Stewart of Eurythmics, she hasn't looked back.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Black RX, I shall look and list them for you. It is a pity that the SAW team hasn't produced this one. The production on this one is great though. Sparkling and shiny.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Steve, I agree completely with you. I do think she is vastly overrated. She was doing the Cyndi Lauper thing in the early eighties, Mariyln Monroe thingie with 'True Blue', etc...
Yeah. Your description of a TRENDHOPPER is most apt. Setter? Definitely not.

Caroline Lavelle had already had a great William Orbit-produced and written album before Madonna had hers with 'Ray of Light'.

Remember when she begged Bjork to write an album for her in the early nineties and Bjork only obliged with a track or two?

She rides on people. Uses them. Discards them.