21 December 2005

Duran Duran The Singles 81-85

A box set of Duran Duran singles is certainly long overdue. This set and another set were released a few years ago and features covers which were reproductions of the origins.

CD1
1. Planet Earth
2. Late Bar
3. Planet Earth (Night Version)

CD2
4. Careless Memories
5. Khanada6. Fame
7. Girls On Film
8. Faster Than Light

CD3
9. Girls On Film (Night Version)
10. My Own Way (Single Version)
11. Like An Angel
12. My Own Way (Night Version)

CD4
13. Hungry Like The Wolf
14. Careless Memories (Live Version)
15. Hungry Like The Wolf (Night Version)

CD5
16. Save A Prayer (7 Inch Edit)
17. Hold Back The Rain (Re Mix)
18. Hold Back The Rain (12 Inch Re Mix)

CD6
19. Rio (Part One)
20. The Chauffeur (Blue Silver)
21. Rio (Part Two)
22. My Own Way

CD7
23. Is There Something I Should Know
24. Faith In This Colour
25. Is There Something I Should Know (Monster Mix)
26. Faith In This Colour (Alternate Slow Mix)

CD8
27. Union Of The Snake
28. Secret Oktober
29. Union Of The Snake (The Monkey Mix)

CD9
30. New Moon On Monday (Album Version)
31. Tiger Tiger
32. New Moon On Monday (Dance Mix)

CD10
33. The Reflex (7 Inch Version)
34. Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) (Live)
35. The Reflex (Dance Mix)

CD11
36. The Wild Boys (45)
37. (Im Looking For) Cracks In The Pavement (84)
38. The Wild Boys (Wilder Than Wild Boys) (Extended Mix)

CD12
39. A View To Kill
40 A View To Kill (That Fatal Kiss)

Likewise, Depeche Mode has released six boxsets (with the first one released in 1992), Modern Talking has released one, Rational Youth one, Erasure three... Let's hope Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark will release one as well.

5 comments:

V said...

I saw this Duran Duran box set while I was in London and bought it right away. And I had been waiting for something like this because they had some nice b-sides to those singles. Especially songs like Faster than Light and Late Bar. And what about that original version of My Own Way? Pretty cool!

Anthony said...

OMG! Duran Duran! -screams for joy-

=ahem=

Fanboy moment over.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

V, yes, you're right. There are some fantastic B-sides. In addition, there are hard to find remixes in that collection. Did you get the second box of singles?

Heheh. Speaking of guilty pleasures. Anthony, they are certainly something with their infectious pop gems. They could write their own songs! Heheheh. I have read of their massively soldout concerts in Japan and London when the five of them got back again this year. The new album 'Astronaut' is a delight.

Psst... I have ABBA and Modern Talking CDs too!

BlackRX said...

Ah, Modern Talking...

"On my avenue to a jet airliner
Avenue to my broken dreams
My avenue to a jet airliner
Like an old old movie-scene"

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Heheh. 'Jet Airliner!' Yes, I have the Modern Talking box set too. It's a nice collection of CD singles.

I have also heard their comeback albums which is in the same vein.

I think I have a square-shaped vinyl of 'Atlantis is Calling' somewhere in storage.