18 December 2005

Drinks with Good Ol' Anthony, Poon and Brian

Anthony is a friend whom I have not seen for over a decade. Then, out of the blue, he spotted my blog. Shortly after he contacted me, he left for Berkeley with his wife. Fortunately, Anthony is back again for a short period of time. We took the opportunity to meet for drinks this afternoon. So, I called up some old friends whom he has not seen for a while too.

I recall that the last time I saw him was when he was just a seventeen year old student who played Advanced Dungeons and Dragons! He was one of the members of the Rivendell BBS and then the Lothlorien BBS.

We had drinks at NYDC at the Heeren. It was crowded!

We had a great time. We spoke of old friends and aquaintances. It has really been a while.



Later, Poon, Brian* and I had dinner at Black Angus at the Orchard Parade Hotel.

I'm tired. Otherwise, there will be snide remarks in this blog entry. Haha!

*Sorry everyone about that photo of Brian. In Call of Cthulhu parlance, please make a insanity check.

11 comments:

BlackRX said...

Thanks. All of you, except for Brian*, look exactly as I remember.

*Well, I must admit that photo had me wondering whether that was really Brian.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Yes, Brian did seem to have this 'crime boss' look now. Exactly which triad, well...

Maybe, he's got the towkay ... Hmm... I am sure we can come up with something for him!

Will said...

Is this the antony from acjc? I only know one anthony from lothy... and he certainly looks quite different now..

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Indeed it is! He was known to us as 'Tony Lin' then. By chance, I noted in his blog that he wanted to be known as 'Anthony' these days. So, he is now officially the Great Anthony of Berkeley !

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

We were missing the Holy Presence of the Emperor Loh the Magnificent at our table that day. Peon Brian was even praying to You before he consumed his steaks, ribs, meats and more.

Anthony said...

Willie!

OMG! That's another person I've not seen in a long time! Yes it's me - I look different cos I've shorn my putative afro.

As for Brian's photo - he's not as sanity check inducing as when he was in Lothy.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I think I have some older photos of Brian, Willie and I in a cafe. It was probably taken when they came back one year.

I think it is a pity that we have taken so few photos over the years. I only remembered that day because I realised that we have so few photos!

Let me see what I can do. I will see about putting them up. First, I need to ask the Holy Emperor Loh's permission first.

Anonymous said...

Hi, don't know if any remember me. Used to be called Yang Guo on Lothlorien BBS. I was just curious abt what happened to the BBS and the people there, and came upon this. How's everyone?

YG

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hello,

I do remember the moniker. 'Yang Guo'. However, I can't place a face to that. I don't remember if I had met you in real life?

Well, the BBS obviously died after some years and everyone went their separate ways. I think many simply did not keep in touch while others did.

I think I did put a long thread somewhere which describes where every single person, as far as I know, has done and is doing. You may want to look around. It's in one of the comments section somewhere where I told Anthony (Tony aka famous 'Keeper of the Naughty Scrolls') of what they were doing.

shyue chou

Will said...

sure. post the pics if you want, SC.

Tony! How's it going mate?

Yang Guo - I remember that callsign as well, but can't recall ever meeting him. Its a shame lothy has fallen... I really liked it for what it was in its heyday...

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I don't recall ever meeting him either.

Well it was fun while it lasted.