28 April 2006

Bill O'Reilly on Shanghai cable TV

When I was in Shanghai more than a month back, I switched on cable TV and to my surprise, I saw Bill O'Reilly on Fox News. There was the usual CNN, Hallmark, HBO and many many other channels, almost sixty channels in all!

I thought Bill O'Reilly that is a somewhat jingotistic conservative talk show host, what on earth is he doing on Chinese TV?*

*I didn't stay in a hotel. I stayed in an apartment built in the eighties where many the common Shanghainese live.

6 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Heh. I saw only about ten minutes of it. He seems xenophobic. But it is only ten minutes. Hard to say really. Still, I'm surprised that he appeared on Chinese TV.

Tim said...

Rightwing nutjob guy.

Machinistscott said...

Mega dittos Merv and Tim.
Letterman gave him what for.
He is such a hypocrite.
He harassed an underling with phone messages promising a falafel massage in the shower. WTF? He then paid her off with a sum probably in the millions. Nut job indeed.

He makes an appearance in my "Machinist's Monster Manual". He is the ass of the Pat Robertson unicorn.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Pat Robertson, now, that's a scary Christian nutjob. An evangelical nutjob...

Tim, Merv, Scott, I haven't really watched TV in twenty years with the occasional football match every year. FA Cup final or World Cup or something. So, I've seen enough of O'Reilly to say anything.

Speaking of which, have you read Chomsky? He's another nutjob despite his credentials.

Merv Kwok said...

i watched the letterman clip on youtube. oh man that was so a classic haha.

chomsky.. i dont read him but i watched this documentary once n he was on it. i fell asleep.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I think you should be able to find Chomsky on video too. Hahahaha.

There was another right-wing nutjob who was mildly entertaining in the eighties. He died some years back. Morten Downey Junior. If you can get a video of him, it's hilarious.