03 April 2006

Music News

I am not very hopeful with regard to the new Erasure EP 'Boy' and album 'Union Street'. The new versions are accoustic versions of released Erasure material with new arrangements. I will have to hear it. Hopefully, it is listenable.



Erasure 'Boy' EP
1. Boy*
2. Cry so easy*
3. I'll bet you're mad at me

*Accoustic versions of the original.




Erasure 'Union Street'
1. Boy
2. Piano Song
3. Stay with Me
4. Spiralling
5. Home
6. Tenderest Moments
7. Alien
8. Blues away
9. How many Times?
10. Love Affair
11. Rock Me gently


The new Hooverphonic album 'No more sweet Music' is finally available in Singapore. The edition that is available in HMV is the two CD edition which includes an extra disc titled 'More sweet Music', being a collection of the same tracks in a different form. This should be interesting. However, I am not hopeful as the last few Hooverphonic albums appear to lack the beauty and charm of the first two, 'A new Stereophonic Sound Spectacular' and 'Blue Wonder Power Milk'.

I have finally heard Madonna's 'Confessions on a Dancefloor'. The album is decent with tracks 3, 4, 5, 6 being standing out. Tracks 1, 11, 12 are dire. The second single 'Sorry' is excellent and is a lot better than the first lead single 'Hung up'.

My first impressions of Icehouse's 'Meltdown' remix album is good.

Meanwhile, the fourth single, 'Fly Me away' has been announced from Goldfrapp's 'Supernature' album. I am glad that Mute is still faithfully releasing singles and sticking to this format.





Goldfrapp 'Fly Me away'
1. Fly Me Away - Single Version - Goldfrapp
2. Satin Chic - Bombay Mix by The Shortwave Set - Goldfrapp Remixer: The Shortwave Set

Goldfrapp 'Fly Me away' (Limited Edition)
1. Fly Me Away - C2 rmx 4 - Goldfrapp Remixer: Carl Craig
2. Fly Me Away - Ladytron Remix - Goldfrapp Remixer: Ladytron
3. You Never Know - Múm Remix - Goldfrapp Remixer: Múm

Hmm.. Ladytron is remixing one of the tracks. Promising. However, I don't expect any music stores in Singapore to carry this. They will just have the usual brain-dead old shit like jazz, bossa nova, blues and world music.

Meanwhile, I heard from Colin that Saint Etienne is releasing yet another compilation 'Special Price' or something. This time it is a collection of rare tracks, studio demos and so forth. Not promising at all. However, given a dearth of consistent material from Saint Etienne in recent years, it is still better than nothing.

3 comments:

V said...

Speaking of Ladytron. I have the chance to see them live this month, the 15th. I'm debating whether I should go or not.

Thanks for your reviews. I love Goldfrapp's new single cover.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I can't speak for you, V.

If it were me, I would go. I'm envious. hahahaha.

V said...

I just checked for tickets. They are sold out. Oh well. :(