22 April 2006

Last Night

Last night, I was at NYDC at the Heeren, writing my diary. And I had some ideas for a series of small illustrations. Hmm...

Later, I took a look at one books on the Russian front at Borders. 'Tank Rider', 'Thunder on the Dnepr' and so forth.

On another note, I also looked at 'The Black Prince and the Sea Devils: The Story of Prince Valerio Borghese and the Elite Units of the Ecima Mas'. Amazing stuff. I guess English language publications will have an Anglo-Saxon orientation in them. This is a little known aspect of the Second World War.

And what do you know, the Admiral was in Black Angus, feasting as usual. He will make Nero proud. He came by and browsed and bought two more volumes. Later, he summoned his NTUC Comfort battlewagon which towed him home.

On posts, what follows will be a series of blog entries on Shanghai. I should get them posted before they get irrelevant. Hopefully, I can get some illustrations posted too in the coming weeks. Kitten pictures too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you SHOULD put up your posts on your trip to Shanghai!! I for one, want to see more beautiful pics of it!!!

Amazing what capitalism can do to a country.....

steve said...

looking forward to the art Chuang--you've got some real skill. Thanks for the book tips, I'm going to write those down and look for them today--a very rainy day--great for reading. hey, have you seen the books of Wayne D. Barlowe? He's an amazing sci-fi illustrator. "Expedition" is exceptional--a dvd was just released called "Alien Planet" from Discovery Channel, based on his characters and concept from that book. Some great interviews with some of the world's most respected scientists and thinkers are on the dvd as well.Both well worth picking up.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Pinkys, thanks! I will be putting more up including the Yu Rock Gardens.

I'm a lot more interested in the architecture of the city.

The variety is amazing. Especially the older buildngs.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Steve, thanks. I'm glad you think so. I drew two little imaginery landscapes tonight which I am quite happy with. I will probably put them up next week.

Yes, I have seen the Barlowe aliens books. I think there are two of them. They were curiosities for me then... I don't believe that I bought that one. I don't know why I missed it then.

Alien Planet? I will go see. Thanks Steve for the recommendation. I will definitely keep a look out for that.