25 April 2006

Calamity at Toa Payoh!

Well, in reality, nothing much. Heh. I was making good time on round 6 when my SAF-issued* New Balance running shoes finally gave way after years of good service. I guess the pounding of the first round which I completed in 1:37 really did it.

The sole came off. Oh well. Pity about the run. I had 7.75 more rounds to go.

This is either the second or third pair. I can't remember anymore.


On a related note, I have won out more than three pairs of combat boots throughout the years.


*SAF - Singapore Armed Forces

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My god... the shoes are so lousy... Maybe you should try Nike or some better brand?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

The shoes did give me good service for years of hard running.

And the previous ones too.

I guess they all do have a lifespan.

I'm not sure about Nike. Heheheh.