05 August 2006

The Audience

Here I was, outside the Imperial Palace of the Great Loh. Lohingham Palace. I felt just like K. in Kafka's 'The Castle'. Would I ever attain an audience?

As a lowly supplicant, I applied to the Great Loh for entry but His Holy Majesty was busy in his Holy Harem. I was denied entry.

Finally, His Almighty Holiness, Great Loh the Magnificent decided to grant me an audience and off to Costa Coffee we went.

I guess I should give a word of explanation here since this blog does have readers whom I have not met in real life or are wondering what this is all about. Well, the imperial title bit is basically a running joke between a couple of us and has run on for quite a few years. I was in London not too long ago and Willie took leave from his practice in Liverpool and came to look for me. We visited galleries and museums in London, the tank museum in Bovington and the Royal Armouries in Leeds. Posted by Picasa

No comments: