14 August 2006

John Foxx 'Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour'


I checked John Foxx's website recently and spotted a limited release 'Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour'. This release was recorded during the live rehearsals at The Brook in Southampton on the first date of John Foxx and Louis Gordon's 1997 UK tour. It includes the following tracks:

01. Burning Car 8:39
02. Dislocation 4:39
03. Overpass 5:54
04. This City 4:31
05. Shifting City 8:43

Apparently, only one thousand of these were released.

Format : Compact Disc
Catalogue Number : META 0003 CD
Label : MetaMatic Records
Release Date : 10 October 1997
Country : United Kingdom

I did a search on eBay found that there was one CD on auction. The bid was already up to 31 pounds! The EP was described to have re-worked versions of the originals including 'Overpass' which is a re-worked 'Underpass'.

However, a hundred bucks (in Singapore dollars) for five tracks from a rehearsal!

Well, I'm not a 'complete-ist' or a collector despite owning a LOT of CDs. I will give this a miss.


Image source: eBay

4 comments:

V said...

I have been listening to Ultravox's "Systems of Romance" as of late. I think it's the only Ultravox album that features John Foxx as vocals before Midge joined. And "Dislocation" has always been one of my favorite tracks.

Have you heard Jori Hulkkonen's "Dislocated" featuring Foxx?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

V, you are technically right.

John Foxx was with Ultravox! for two albums 'Ultravox!' and 'Hahaha!' before the exclamation mark was dropped. For the third album, 'Systems of Romance', Ultravox was Ultravox. So, yes, one album with Ultravox and two with Ultravox!

No, I have not heard Hulkkonen's 'Dislocated' yet.

V said...

Thanks for the clarification. I have not explored anything pre "Systems of Romance" So I'll have to check them out.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

John Foxx also used 'Systems of Romance' for one of his later tracks in his solo efforts.