15 August 2006

The footage of Muhamed al Durah and his father Jamal at Netzarim Junction

Remember the incident from six years ago when it is alleged that the Israeli military killed the boy from a post? The investigations afterwards showed that the incident was staged by the Palestinian terrorists and subsequently, the media simply ignored the conclusions after the incident was no longer deemed 'newsworthy'.

The video clip of that incident is a lot more illustrative.

It is sad that a lot of the world mainstream media has been co-opted in a sense. There are many anti-Israeli pieces, where is the sense of balance? Appeasing Islamic terror is a bad idea.

Source: Second Draft

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading about the despicable and trecherous deception is not as powerful as seeing it with my own eyes.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I wonder if there is a process of verification with stories. I understand that some newspapers do.

In the case of Reuters and the freelancers, I wonder what the process is.

France 2. Their original image is very powerful. Then, when we see a paranomic view and more of the footage, I think we get more questions of the integrity of the original.

Anonymous said...

This is interesting indeed.

They definitely know how to manipulate the media by pointing their fingers at their opponents.

So I guess technology is not a one sided affair at all.
Propaganda is indeed a strong weapon.

Personally, I don't believe all that are broadcast on telly really.

d;-(

Tim said...

It is unfortunate, but I believe we may finally have a third world war because certain Muslim elements in the world today do not know how, as my kindergarten teacher used to say "play well with others..."

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Tim, I think you summed it up well.