20 August 2006

Two Dinners and a Coffee

I had dinner with Kelvin at Ricotti's, an Italian restaurant of sorts, at Riverwalk Galleria on Friday night. I had pasta, namely fettucine bolognese, which was decent but undistinguished. Kelvin had pizza. We tried the Olive Oil-flavoured gelato later. Whee! What an intriguing piece!

Last night, I met Colin for dinner at Whitebait and Kale, a Sydney-style restaurant as described in IS magazine. This was housed in the Camden Medical Centre at Orchard Bourlevard. The grilled tenderloin is delicious. I would recommend it. Wei Yi joined us for the dessert after.

With regard to coffee chains, in my opinion, Spinelli's offers by far the best blended coffee around. Starbucks and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf's sad concoctions pale in comparison. The mid-level chains like the TCC incarnations aren't very special either. However, Spinelli's is not infallible. The new promotional Choc Mint Spin is pretty horrid, it's far too sweet in an annoying way. I have a sweet tooth and I can finish tubs of ice-cream at one sitting but this particular drink is simply annoying.

No comments: