22 August 2006

Farming Bosses in Titan Quest

Colin is playing an Oracle. One of those extremely powerful character types. I know of two others who play them too.

Colin's commentary on Talos:

not too hard solo. the first time i saw him, i lasted about 1.2 seconds. 2nd time was a bit longer. killed him on 3rd go. the trick is to kite him (when solo). keep running until he starts his special moves (some kind of slam with both front paws, launching of tail spikes and breath weapon). during this time he's stuck in animation for a couple of seconds. pound him and start running again. repeat until dead, collect majestic chest. i suppose it'll help if you have +running gear.i think he doesn't spawn in normal mode. he's in that windswept cave in egypt. the cave is a short walk from the fayum wp/town. it is a large-ish cave tho.might be farmable i guess, it being near a wp.the other place i think might be farmable is the giza wp. it's near the lost brother's guardian, the pyramids and the sphinx.

I re-specc-ed my mastery and my illusionist can now dish out 1700+ damage. However, my illusionist does not last long in melee. Whereas Colin's oracle is a LOT more powerful relatively.

oh, my highest damage (on the secondary tab) is 806. i guess that's 1 ice shard.

He sends out three ice-shards in a second. And another three and another three.... Swarms of monsters and bosses last only seconds against his oracle. 806 per shard!?! Damn.

I'm going back to my old-build. Anyway, I have started on Sacred, Sacred Plus and Sacred Underworld.

4 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Sounds fun, but my computer gaming time is already monopolized :P

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

World of Warcraft?

Ole' Wolvie said...

Final Fantasy Online FTW!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

You rock! You are truly hardcore!

Comparatively, WOW is basically an entry-level MMORPG.

Now, I fear you. Hahahahahah.

I'm nowhere close to you. I even find something like WOW to be too hard